Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Lake Chelan

My family just got back from our annual vacation over to Lake Chelan, WA. As usual it was very hot (yes, I swam for 30 minutes at 7:00 pm...aren't ya proud of me?? :P). We had a great time and built lots of long lasting (I'm sure) memories!! :D

Here's some pics that I'm sharing upon request. ;) (I was going to share them anyway, but it's nice to get asked for them so you know people actually appreciate them. :)

Selfie while waiting to start the trip...

Me squished in the back seat. ;) Don't I look happy?? :D

Lake Chelan is such a beautiful place!!

Someone who was sneaking around snapped this of me when I was enjoying my "quiet" time. ;)

Yes, I was the one sneaking this time. :P Actually, Grace took this, but I spotted dad out here resting...

Pretty waterfall on the river that emptied out into the lake...


Waterfall...



The end of the lake




We saw some crazy boys jumping into the lake off some really high rocks... :P

Sami and Grace

Dad reading to us about the feast of trumpets

Swimming...or at least getting ready to. I look like I lost something. :P



Sami reading her Bible outside of the bathroom. She looked so cute! :D

Grace taking a nap after doing her Bible reading...

Sami riding her bike...she is such a pretty little girl!

Looking up at some birds that were dropping *ahem* interesting things all around our table while we were eating. I don't know why the girls have their mouths open...it seems kinda dangerous. ;)
We thought this was kind of a funny door. If you can't figure out why....I don't know quite how to help you. :P

I liked this car so I had dad take our pic by it. :)

This is on the way back to our campsite from Manson (which is where the last few pics were at). I thought the sun looked gorgeous coming through the clouds. The camera doesn't quite capture it though. :(

Grace eating breakfast. You can see the ground is a little wet. It rained for about a half an hour one morning and then we had a huge thunderstorm one night. It was pretty cool...since none of us got wet. ;)

The girls doing their favorite thing. :D

Everyone having a "second breakfast" after I'd done all the dishes!

Me trying to look like a football player (and failing miserably) in front of "the big bear" (that's what the crown said)

The annual Asa pic in front of the bear :P (It's true, we always take a pic by this bear...)

Enjoying some shade

These birds were super annoying. I stayed behind one day when the family went down to the lake to swim because I was tired. When I woke up from my glorious nap these birds came and surrounded my mattress (which was outside sitting on the grass)...it was kinda creepy. :P I scared them away though. :D

The girls tent! Ignore the squints...it was hard to look at a bright flash in a pitch dark tent. ;)

All packed up and probably off to a last trip to the bathroom. :)

And back again...

Don't ask why I'm not smiling...it ruined the effect of the glasses. :P It's also awkward to pop on your bro's glasses and start taking selfies when everyone is looking at you. :P (Oh yeah, at this point Blake was able to join us. He came out on our last full day there in the afternoon and then drove home with us. It was really fun to get to drive with him...not to mention being saved from squishing into the back seat with the boat.)

Sami showing her licorice

Grace petting a goat at Leavenworth (gross, ik)

This goat was so close to me. Way too close. :P

Waiting for lunch at our favorite place to eat in Leavenworth!

Add caption

Me and my little buddy again. Poor thing, she didn't have her sunglasses on. O.O


After lunch in Leavenworth the rest of the family went off to the river there and swam. Blake and I didn't feel like playing and the only other option was sitting in the hot sun while everyone else played so we went to Snoqualmie falls to wait for everyone (love having a brother who can drive!). When we got there Blake took a nap (didn't post that pic cause I didn't think he'd appreciate it :P) and then we got out and looked at the falls. That was way more my kind of weather than Leavenworth. It was heavenly! Cool and misty and gray....loved it! :D

Buildings in the background in case you've never been to the falls and need a little perspective on how big they are!
On our way to the falls I had noticed several "Elk Xing" signs (one with a "no hunting" sign below it :P) and on the way back we passed a field (the one with the no hunting sign by it ;) and there was a huge herd of elk grazing in it. We were going too fast for me to get a picture, but it was really cool to see. 

16 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome!!! I enjoyed looking through them. :) Thanks for posting them upon request. ;)

    What in the world were you doing in that football picture?! I started laughing so that my sister heard me in the other room and wanted to know what I was laughing about! :D

    Swimming for 30 minuets? Excellent. You're all prepared for our icy plunge next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. :D You're welcome! ;)

      LOL...you mean when I'm bowing to my dad? I was doing my version of the Tim Tebow thing...I've never actually seen him do it, I've just seen my friends do it. :P

      Well, I wasn't actually swimming laps for that long, I was just in the water for that long. I never said I would do an icy plunge!!!!! I said I'd walk the beach in my bare feet with you. That's all! :P

      Delete
  2. Madi!! I love the photos and had no idea you went on vacation. No wonder you had a sunburn on your nose after church. :P

    At first when I opened my email - I follow so many blogs similar to yours - I saw the selfie at the top of the post and was like, "What? No way. There is no way one of the blogs I follow knows Madi! That has to be Madi! Who else would it be?!" Finally I went down and realized it was your blog. *facepalm* :P

    It looks like you had tons of fun and relaxation! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...yup! That's why I missed two church services. :P and yes, my poor nose always gets burned first. :( At least nobody calls me "Rudolph the Red-nosed Madi" anymore. ;) That was rough. :P

      LOL...I'm glad you found it and took a look. :D
      Yes, we had lots of fun!!

      Delete
  3. Madi looks like you had a wonderful time together as a family. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I really enjoyed looking at them. Are you going to be at the Economics Conference next month? We are:) I hope we can see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :)

      Yes, we are planning on being there. :D It will be great to see you and your family again! Try to convince Bethany not to do *too* many antics. :P ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I'm so excited to see you again:) I'll try to convince Bethany, but I'm afraid my powers of persuasion may not be very effective in her life any more:)

      Delete
    3. LOL...did they used to be effective?? :P
      Are you all ready for that arctic swim she's taking us on?? Or are you going to stand on shore and watch with me? :P

      Delete
    4. I think Elanee might be afraid someone may pop out of her harp case again... if she tries any "restraining orders". :P

      Oh, careful there... I just might get excited and pull you into the water!!!!

      Heh, it would be much more amusing that way anyway.

      adds that one to The List

      Delete
    5. O.k. I guess my powers of persuasion were never very effective for Bethany, otherwise I would not have been so easily tricked by her:)

      Anyhow I'm sure she will have so much to tell us after not seeing us for so long, that she won't have time for tricks:)

      An Artctic swim sounds fun and challenging, but I suggest a dance on the beach to be more enjoyable, and less bone chilling:)

      Delete
    6. HAHA...

      Let's hope. ;)

      FUN?!?!? It sounds miserable to me! Hm...somehow dancing sounds just as bad. I'm afraid I'm not much of a dancer...

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the pictures Madi! Oh and I think I recognize those crazy boys haha

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.