Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward
  • Singing "I'd loooove toooo dance with you under a big blue sky!" as you walk through Costco
    *love* this song! (I sing it to Sami for now... ;)

  • Walking through Costco with my sister and poking her every time I see someone with Under Armour on or any kind of Seahawk apparel. :P (I also have a cat alert, but you don't use that one very often in Costco ;)
  • Grace and I standing around at  (guess where?) Costco! waiting for mom to finish trying some kind of white-grape juice sample. We noticed this sample guy who used to be in soccer with our brother and since he was standing a ways off we started pretending we were talking to him about his samples. Grace said: "Sir...what is your product?" when a lady sampler (samplest?) heard her and thought she was talking to her! She started explaining her product (diapers) and Grace tried to save the situation by having a lengthy-back-and-forth-joking conversation with the lady she has "just called, 'sir'". :P She did great!
  • Having to tell the worker at the DOL as I was giving info for my license that "I'm really only 5'2"" (not 5'3" as my expired permit said). I'm shrinking already! I guess back then I was just guessing and I guessed high...I don't really know why. :P


Awesome
  • Singing Christmas music two days before Autumn even starts!
  • Driving by yourself for the first time *ever* and having the music you like on and the windows down and not worrying that you're bothering anyone else! Glorious!!!! :D
  • Driving over leaves that have fallen off the trees (if you don't know why that's awesome it's because it means fall is just around the corner! Out come the awesome brown boots!! and sweaters and mittens and hats and all the other amazingly awesome fall clothes! ;)
  • Merging on the freeway...by myself...with no help! (It really is awesome. :P) 
  • Going to a buffet with "unlimited" ice cream! :D
  • Watching Courageous with my sister (it was her first time to watch it)
  • Toot and Puddle! I've been reading some of my old favorite kid's books to Sam and I crack up at every one. They bring back so many fun memories! "Dear Pudsy, Bonjour from Paris! Art is everywhere! Love is in the air! Au revoir, Toot." :D (When I was little I even wrote a book mirroring the idea in this book. :)
  • Dilbert comics!















20 comments:

  1. Hey...at least you are 5'2". I'm only 5'1" :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. :) I'm probably closer to 5'1" ;) I really just don't know.

      Delete
  2. You should include:
    "Wearing flip-flops in fall"
    Because, well, it's awesome!!!
    (or awkward if you talk to certain sisters of mine. lol :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...I don't think that's awkward or awesome. I think it's just plain cold! Besides, I prefer boots! :D

      Delete
    2. Not awkward, just weird. There is a distinct difference.

      Delete
    3. @Madi: Ha ha ha! so funny. It can be cold, but I have worn filp-flops in all kinds of weather, and winter is definitely the coldest, (yes, I've worn them in snow, but only for a brief time :P) There are always some nice days still in fall.
      @Sarah: Nooo...not weird either. Just Awesome. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your awkward moments:) I think we all have had our moments of humor:) like when a lady thought my mom and sister and I were three generations:) we didn't even want to know who she thought the second generation was:) BTW, I LOVE When Were Together:) I'm trying to convince my sister to have it played at her wedding, since she and her fiancé met while dancing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song too!!! It brings back happy and sad memories...
    Ha ha! I enjoyed reading this post. :D Very fun! I wish I could have seen Grace do that. ;) That story reminded me of many similar instances where we've got into the same type of trouble. :P

    You know, I've never been inside a Costco before (talk about my deprived childhood)! :P

    Christmas music?! No, no, no! You are not allowed to sing that until midnight on Thanksgiving. ;)

    *wails* I don't want Summer to end!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?! That is so sad. We have more fun there than just about anywhere! What makes it *really* fun is that we know most of the workers so we feel very at home. :P

      Delete
    2. I know! I've never had the "Costco Experience". :P All my siblings have been there, but I've never made it (I'm not sure why). Ha ha! Well, I can have fun anywhere I go, right?! ;)

      Delete
    3. That is so sad! Well, at least *some* of your family has been there! :) Yeah, 'cause you feel at home where you are. :P

      Delete
  5. Number 1 is ever more awkward when you are caught singing AND dancing to "When We're Together." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song is SO bittersweet... It's amazing, really.

    Probably one of my top CCM favorites of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When We're Together is one of your favorite CCM favorites?
      Hmm...who do you sing it to?? :P JK

      Delete
    2. Well... Anyone who'll listen! Jk Actually, it's just that the scene is so moving and all.
      I can tell I'm not myself right now cause I can think of very little to say... Must be my ridiculous lack of sleep!

      Delete
    3. @Eden: Aww. ;)

      @Jordan: For some reason I never feel moved at this scene. I think I'm always distracted with the song. :P
      Yeah, that's kinda scary. Maybe you should see a Dr. ;)

      Delete
  7. That freeway part was funny. I love merging on the freeway too!

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.