Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

New Favorite Verse

 1 Corinthians 12:9, 10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I love these verses! I was teaching them to a sparky last year in AWANA and realized how much I liked them. I had always meant to memorize them since then, but never got around to looking them up. I was going through my old Bible Bee verse cards and found them! I stuck the card on the mirror in my bedroom and had it memorized very quickly! (I memorize some things a lot quicker if I really like the way they sound. e.g. Christopher Robin had sneazles and weazles, they bundled him into his bed. They gave him what goes for a cold in the nose and some more for a cold in the head...*love that poem!* Okay, that was a major rabbit trail. :P For some reason these verses came quicker than: "If a collision results in injury, death, or property damage of $700 or more to one person's property and a report is not made by a law enforcement officer, you must report it to the Washington Department of Transportation on a Collision Report form within four days." ;) Just sayin' :P And a tip for all those who have yet to take the driver's test: all you have to remember is "injury, death, property damage, $700, four days. :P) ANYWAY, I was playing capture the flag with some "little buddies" yesterday (first time in over a year! *so fun*) and in order to get out of jail you had to say a Bible verse. *loved that idea* Of course, I picked these!! :D Hope y'all enjoy them as much as I do!!

4 comments:

  1. 1st Cor 12:9&10 is one of the greatest!!! Yeah, but I never can pick a favorite Bible verse!

    BTW: Happy birthday! you realize I'm not far behind you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's hard. :P I just like to have one that I like on hand because people are always asking. It changes all the time though. ;)

      Thanks! 15 days. :P

      Delete
  2. Those are some of my favorite Bible verses as well. Along with Psalm 55:22, Matt 6:33, Col3:1-4, Psalm 19, ....and the list could go on and on. I was just reviewing Bible Bee verses with a friend this morning, and I think I found a couple more to add to my list of favorite verses.

    Anyhow thanks for sharing, and I agree with you that things are easier to memorize when we really like them.

    Happy Birthday:) I wish. I could be there to tell you. In person, but here's a virtual hug, and hopes that God will richly bless your year, and give you a knowledge of His will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are so many good ones out there!!

      Thanks for the birthday wishes! :D
      We will see each other and can "celebrate" in October. (Kinda far away though...) Oh wait, by then we'll be doing that for Jordan. Okay, I guess his birthday is a *little* before that "far away" date in Oct. ;) :P

      Delete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.