Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Quote of the Month for September

I had to change the quote of the month early because I won't have very good access to a computer on Sunday. (Agh! :P JK)  ;)

These verses are ones I've come to like. They're from one of my favorite chapters in the Bible and they give me hope that one day I will see my Savior face to face! (*happy dance*) Oh, what a glorious day that will be!! :D (Click on the "One Bright Corner" button on the right sidebar to read a post about the mirror verses.)

They also reflects what's going to happen in less than 9 days. (Not that anyone's counting... *innocent face*)

Yes, according to the world, I will no longer be given kids menus... :P i.e. I'll be an adult. ;)


I'm super excited for this new phase of life!! Perhaps a little timid at what might possibly lie ahead, but I know God will direct my steps and make my path straight. He will be a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. He did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self discipline.  I'm trusting in Him with all my heart and leaning not on my own understanding! :) Please pray for me as I enter into "adulthood".

God bless you this lovely day! :D

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Madi!
    May God richly bless you as you enter this new season of life for His glory. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Elanee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very exciting time in your life and you are (and will!) be in my prayers. :)
    The best part of adulthood: Telling your siblings, "Well, I am an adult!"
    The worst part of adulthood: You're not a kid anymore! (Okay, so I am being a little sarcastic. ;) )

    One thing that you will realize more and more each day... is how fast time flies. "For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14
    Life. Is. Short. It's what you do for Christ that will matter. Knowing that we are ambassadors for Christ, that we have a purpose, that we have a calling, will help us live in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. And I know you will do just that.

    Happy Birthday, my friend!

    (P.S. When I was young, I always thought coffee was something that only adults got to drink. Unfortunately, I found that the beverage has been forbidden from me, even though I am an adult!
    I'll let you figure out why... :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! LOL...thanks for the heads-up. :P

      IKR! It's so true. Thanks for the reminder. :)

      LOL...Yes, I can guess why. I'm compiling a list (in my head, so most likely it will get lost) of reasons why *not* to drink coffee. :P #1 it's nasty. :P Maybe I should start a weekly post on here of reasons why not to drink coffee and y'all can refute them. ;) What do ya think?? :P

      Delete
    2. Well, I've been told that if I were to drink caffeinated coffee... it would be dangerous. People think it would make me 10 times more wild--no, 100 times worse (I'm really not that bad) than I actually am. :P The bad part? That only makes me curious. Now what would happen if I drank it??? One day I'm going to give it a try... and experiment... just to see the results. ;)

      Hm, so if you think coffee is nasty............... oh the possibilities!!! :P

      I don't really have a preference on coffee; never had enough to know my opinion on it!

      Delete
    3. lol...Maybe coffee would have the opposite effect on you that it has on most people and in that case, you *should* drink it! ;)
      You could always drink De-caff if you liked it but didn't care for the "effects". :P

      I *love* coffe flavored candy and coffee ice-cream is my FAVORITE! It's just the drink that I don't like. :P

      Delete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.