Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

C.S. Lewis Quotes

I was given several quotes by C.S. Lewis when I requested quotes for the month of August. I enjoyed a lot of them, but didn't want to use them all for "quotes of the month." I decided just to give them their own post instead. :)

 “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance, the only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

"I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once."


“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.”

“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”

And of course my favorite...

“The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. ”

Tell that to people who look at you weird when you say you're hoping to get married and be a stay-at-home mom in response to the question, *asked in a high-pitched overly-sweet voice* "So what do you want to do when you grow up, honey?"
I've certainly had the most practice in this area, right?!. :P Homeschool high school graduate. Planning on taking college classes from home. ...and then?? Yup! You guys are so smart! Be a stay-at-home mom!! :D
Again, these are just my plans...my hopes and dreams. "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9  NASB) It does seem to be what God made we women folk to do best though! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love these Madi! (especially the last one like you, since I also plan to be a stay-at-home mom as well! :P) Blessings,
    ><>Rebekah<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. By a strange coincidence, I like all of those quotes too.
    Plenty more where those came from, if you ever need more.

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.