Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ocean Shores Vacation/Conference

My family went to Ocean Shores, WA last weekend. We were there for a Family Economics and Mentorship Conference. We did get to spend Thursday night enjoying a *little* "vacation". ;) 

When we first got there and while my dad was checking us in to our room my sister, Grace, and I decided to "run" down to the beach and Blake decided to come along. As we were walking down I noticed deer prints in the sand. Coming back I took a different direction than everyone else and stumbled upon other sundry items that deer have left behind. *ahem* When we all got back on the same path Blake informed us that he had actually spooked the deer and made it run off. We continued to see these deer over the next couple of days in the back and front yards of the hotel. (A man even told my dad and Blake that there had been a cougar sighting on the beach.) Lots of wildlife! :P

Here's the view from our room. As usual the picture doesn't quite capture it. :-/ (and yes, that's me on the left in the awesome rain boots that I didn't need because it never rained. :P)



Once we got all our stuff into our room we all went down to the beach and got a bit wet.
The sunset/clouds/waves were so pretty!

On our way to the beach...


The Asa kids are strangely drawn to the ocean. :P




Thinking deep thoughts. ;)


Freezing!!!!!!!!! That wave right past me had just splashed up to my knees and got my pants wet. :(


My dear mother washing my feet so I didn't fall in the sink. This corner stunk SO bad! It was where people washed off their clams or mussels or whatever they had and put the shells in the garbage there on the right. Yeah...!
That night was rather rough. Grace's cold got worse (no thanks to her swim in the ocean). :( She wasn't able to attend the conference and had to stay in the hotel room all day on Friday.

Sam and I goofing off with my Dad's phone and the hotel mirror. ;)

And now we're really goofing off! :P

Me and my bro :D




I think my Dad and I are the only members of my family who went to *every* session. :P It was a LONG two days, but it's always encouraging to meet with so many like-minded Christians.

Here's a pic of the pizza party after the conference. Find Waldo! Or Danny Craig..or whoever else you might recognize. :P


I got to spend some time with friends who I haven't seen for six months! That was super awesome!!! Now we're counting down another six months till the next homeschool conference!
Super stoked for that one!!!! :D Click here for some info on who's speaking at it.

Grace and I were scheming something up. :P



I love how everyone jumped into this one! It was taking us a long time to get the picture taken so we kept asking people to join us. Who knows how big it would have got had we kept going. ;)
(btw...Thanks to everyone who contributed to these pics!) 

I'll end the post with my favorite quote of the conference. (There might have been better ones, but this is the only one I can remember. ;) It was given by R.C. Sproul Jr. while he was talking about the new and perfect bodies we'll have in heaven.  

*said in a genuinely concerned and caring tone of voice*

"All you people who struggle with tallness...will be healed!" 

19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post, Madi. We had such a fantastic time and it was wonderful seeing you all!!! Yes, I am looking forward to CH. ;)
    You really should have done the Polar Plunge with us... it was so much fun. I'm so sorry to have to break the news to you: you missed out! :P
    And of course the Playmobils were... interesting. :P If I had a bit longer to look at the skiing one, I might have been able to figure out a better way to engineer it. ;)
    Oh, I like my burden on the table there!

    So much fun!!! Such great memories!!!

    192 days... and counting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fabulous!! :D

      LOL...If you had done it with me we would have had to do it at 9:00 pm on Friday...which would have been a bit miserable! :P

      Haha...it was a snowboarder. :P My mom bought him for my brother to just put on his shelf, but he grew out of it sitting on his shelf so it ended up on the play box. I'm not sure how much he gets played with though. :( He's not as attractive as the motercycle dude. ;)

      LOL...Your "burden" :P

      Delete
  2. I loved your pictures and comments Madi:)
    It was SO great to see you all, and spend time with you.
    I was amazed by how many deer there were along the beach. I think we spotted over 20.
    Wasn't it so funny that David Craig jumped into the last picture:) that was hilarious.:)
    Christian Heritage is going to so much fun, because we will know each other so much better:)
    I love your "favorite quote" from R.C. Sproul:)
    I guess I have alot of healing that needs done:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was super hilarious that David Craig actually joined us when we joked that he should "jump in". :P

      Yup! Super stoked for CH this year!!!!!!!!!! :D

      Haha....If everyone was short, we wouldn't feel near so special! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I feel dumb... I knew that was a snowboard but the wrong name came out. :P LOL! Very funny. :D
    BTW: I love that pic of you on the side by the beach. You look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your family had s great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did! And hopefully the deer in these pictures weren't the first you saw this week. ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the quote! :P I'm so glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went to all the sessions and that quote is all that you remembered? Doesn't sound like a very helpful conference to me!
    –Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it was the only direct quote I remembered. I remembered the principles of other stuff. ;)

      Delete
  7. That was a great event! I loved it! So many people to see, talk to and meet! I didn't find Waldo but Moi is in the picture... Right on the opposite side of Danny in the blue dress shirt.

    You know, I actually went through my back pack a few days ago to insure that there were no "surprises" in there thanks to Grace... There weren't and even if there was, I don't know how to work those things!

    I agree with Bethany... Of all the 1100 people (I think) there was only about six or seven who were brave enough to actually go body-surfing... only problem is that 2 of the seven didn't show up and the other one wanted to take pictures...

    So... you admit that being short is a condition?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...now that you point that out, I can see that. ;)

      LOL...that was funny. :P You don't know how to work them because you've never tried! Evan will teach you how. Elanee says he has some. ;) (Seeeeee.....I'm not the only 18-year old who plays with them!! :P)

      No, I don't recall admitting that. Being tall is one...but don't worry...you will be healed one day! ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh yeah... and no one anywhere gave me the credit for setting up that awesome picture with David and all.... That's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just took care of it...hope ya feel better!

      Delete
  9. I'm trying to figure out where I was during those pictures! Oh well... that was a great conference!

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.