Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Special thoughts about my family...

These aren't all super deep. I'm just working on thinking positive thoughts. ;)
I thought I'd start with thinking up little things I enjoy about each member of my family. 

Dad: Always laughs at my jokes...even if they don't make sense. :P When I need him to be serious, however, he can do that too. Shows his interest in me and his love toward me just by telling me he wants to hear about my day or what's on my mind.

Mom: Understands when I don't feel like talking (like on the way to a major piano competition), but knows I don't like quiet either. She talks to me, but graciously understands when I don't respond or comment on what she's saying.

Blake: Sings me to sleep at night! I know right? What could be better than a live concert every night?? With school he's been a little too busy to serenade me to sleep and I didn't realize how much I missed it until he did it again the other night. So amazing! :D

Grace: Very forgiving! Patient. Kind. Always looking out for people's best interests. Giving. GRACious.
I have the most amazing little sister!!

Samantha: What could be better than a four year old telling you, "You're the best!"? I think that says it all. :)



2 comments:

  1. That was a very sweet post, Madi. :)
    I'm very thankful for each of my siblings and the special things about them.

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Madi! This made me realize how much my family members mean to me too! I'll never take them for granted again. Your post was a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.