Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Happy Dad's Day! :)
Here are some pics of my Daddy and me! Sorry, they're all kind of "old". :P I don't have a huge store of pics on my computer, but with graduation, I had at least these.

"The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him."
- Proverbs 20:7 (NKJV)
A Father's Love

A father is respected because
He gives his children leadership...
Appreciated because
He gives his children care...
Valued because
He gives his children time...
Loved because
He gives his children the one thing
They treasure most - himself.
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints on the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you."

-Mary Stevenson






Thank You, Jesus, for giving me the daddy You did! Thank You for making him so wise and so caring. Thank You for causing him to stand firm in his belief of what is right, even when I don't understand. Thank You for giving me a protector and provider in my daddy. Thank You for putting in him the drive to work hard to provide for his family and thank You for giving him the strength he needs to do it! Thank You for bringing him to a saving knowledge of You. Thank You for giving him the desire to share that knowledge with his family. Thank You for making him such a good example of Your love for me.





I am so grateful to my earthly father for all he has taught me in the last few years! For the love and patience he has shown me and his desire to teach me new things so I'll be better equipped to be a wife and mother. But most importantly I'm grateful that he pointed me to my heavenly Father! Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" (NKJV)

One of my favorite passages of Scripture that reminds me of God's love and care for me is Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (NKJV)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.