Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scents

Isn't it great God gave us noses? They lend such joy to life! I love to walk outside and breath deeply through my nose, enjoying all the wonderful fresh smells of summer. :)

I realized today as I was putting sunscreen on my poor burnt nose that I have a favorite scent for each season.

Spring

The ground outside when the sun shines on it after the rain.




Summer

Sunscreen!! ;)




  Autumn

Cinnamon



Winter

Snow, pine trees, and peppermint mixed together. :) 







What are your favorite smells of the season?  

3 comments:

  1. The nose knows! :D

    I'm going to pick Summer. (You didn't say to pick a season, but then you didn't say not to pick a season... so because I can't seem to categorize my favorite scents into all four, I'm picking a season! :P )
    I love the smell star of jasmine flowers! It's because that scent brings back the memories of growing up in CA... we had a whole bunch of star of jasmine and it smells amazing! Whenever I smell it, I think of growing up in the best place ever. :)
    I also enjoy the smell of mint, that distinctive "Summer smell", and the smell of water to swim in!!! Of course there is the smell of freshly chopped wood... a big chore we do every Summer.

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smell of chocolate cookies. The Nestle recipe with two extra tablespoons of butter for the 5 dozen batch, a little extra vanilla, and 2x the chocolate chips.
    I also like the smell of real leather. Sarah has an ESV Bible that smells just WONDERFUL.
    I really enjoy that smell of the dirt when it rains right after a dry spell too.

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.