Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankfullness

1 Thessalonians 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I wasn't thinking when I decided to post today that it was almost Thanksgiving. I love this holiday. It reminds me to always thank Jesus for the wonderful blessings He has bestowed on us! (I just wish everyone didn't eat so much :P) 

So, today what I'm especially thankful for is...heat. :) Our heat isn't working (even though we had it fixed yesterday and about a month ago) and it is super cold in the house! (It's freezing outside...literally.)

Heat...one more thing we take for granted. 

I'm thankful today for our fireplace. I'm not sure if it is meant to heat the whole house but it offers some heat to the living room. 





Also, electricity is something to really be thankful for! Even though our heat isn't working, we have light, cooking ability, and everything else wonderful that comes with electricity. (Except heat of course :(   )

A while ago I was struggling with the praying continually verses. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray continually. 
How do I obey this?  Well, if we look at the next verse it helps us out. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. So I decided to be thankful continually. For all the little things. I would just send up simple "thank you Jesus!" prayers from my heart. Now it's a habit, and it is a good one! It helps you feel better when you keep a brighter outlook on life. God has blessed us with an enormous amount of commodity. The least we can do is say thank you!

I know y'all have heard this saying but it's a good reminder to get us thinking:

If the things we had today were the things we thanked God for yesterday, what would we be left with? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.