Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Amazing Grace

My heart is overwhelmed with God's grace to me. I make the same mistakes over, and over, and over...and yet...He still forgives me!

Contemplate the lyrics of the following songs...

AMAZING GRACE
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
 (John Newton)

HE LOOKED BEYOND MY FAULT
Amazing Grace shall always be my song of praise
For it was grace that bought my liberty,
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary,
To view the Cross where Jesus died for me,
How marvelous His grace that caught my falling soul,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
 (Dottie Rambo)

THE LOOK
I saw one hanging on a tree
In agony and blood
Who fixed His loving eyes on me
As near His cross I stood
And never till my dying breath 
Will I forget that look
It seemed to charge me with His death
Though not a word He spoke

My conscience felt and owned the guilt 
And plunged me in despair
I saw my sins His blood had spilt
And helped to nail him there
But with a second look He said
"I freely all forgive
This blood is for your ransom paid
I died that you might live"

CHORUS
Forever etched upon my mind 
Is the look of Him who died
The Lamb I crucified
And now my life will sing the praise
Of pure atoning grace
That looked on me and gladly took my place

Thus while His death my sin displays
For all the world to view
Such is the mystery of grace
It seals my pardon too
With pleasing grief and mournful joy
My spirit now is filled
That I should such a life destroy
Yet live by Him I killed
 (words by John Newton, new and alternate lyrics by Bob Kauflin)      
  
Thank you Jesus for Your abundant grace and forgiveness!!

   

2 comments:

  1. 'Amazing Grace' makes me cry every time I sing it, it's such an amazing song! I fail daily to remember God's grace towards me, and when I do, it blows me over. God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.